Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weather

Since everyone back home is talking about how cold it is and how much snow there is on the ground, I think I should also talk about the weather. Just like everywhere else, Hong Kong is having a cold spell. One night they even warned us to dress warmly because it was going to be "freezing." So what is freezing weather in Hong Kong? It needs just about a light jacket. This morning I wore a jacket to go run an errand, but regretted it because I started to sweat. During the day it is pretty warm here. The first couple of days people wore shorts, but then it got a little cooler. At nights the temperature shifts quite a bit into that "freezing" zone, which most jackets can handle. In fact, there is no heating on campus, my flat, like most other buildings, has only air conditioning. Furthermore, it has been sunny almost every day since I have arrived. A couple of days there were a few clouds, but not enough to make any sort of difference. There has been no rain, but some mornings it gets really hazy in the valley areas. I have been told spring starts in late February, but seeing flowers blooming is not uncommon.

No comments:

Post a Comment